Skip to content
Back to top
- Each news story begins with the headline, then the source is listed. The by-line (if available), and the date of publication follow.
- The beginning of the story is copied to give a sense of its content.
- At the end is a link to the full story: MORE . . .
- I am now providing in-depth background from academic articles for the issue(s) raised in the news item.
- Because WordPress does not create important formatting options:
- The photos posted are either from the stories themselves or illustrations from other internet sources. (If they are copyrighted and need to be removed, please notify me.)
- The title of the blog is always a quote from the poem. Poems usually relate to at least some of the news stories. However, sometimes they are random. Like poetry itself.